Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti Recipe
Our Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti recipe is an easy recipe to make. The Brussels sprouts, bacon and lemon give this dish enough flavor to where you really don’t need a sauce. This is a tasty light pasta dish.
1 pound spaghetti
1.5 pounds small Brussels sprouts, halved (or quartered if they are large)
4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
5-7 strips of bacon, cut into 1/2″ pieces (depending on the size of the bacon)
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Heat oven to 425F.
2. Cook pasta per package directions
3. On a large foil lined baking sheet, toss Brussels sprouts and garlic with oil, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Place bacon over the top of the sprouts and roast for 15 minutes.
5. Increase heat to broil.
6. Sprinkle sprouts with 1/4 cup Parmesan and toss to combine.
7. Put sheet in broiler and and cook for 1-2 minutes (crisp the bacon and give the sprouts a golden brown color.)
8. When pasta is done, reserve 1 cup cooking liquid and drain pasta.
9. Place pasta in a large serving dish.
10. Add lemon zest and juice and toss to coat.
11. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan and mix. Add cooking water to keep the pasta moist and creamy.
12. Add Brussels sprout mixture and toss.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti recipe is a nice flavorful dish that pops with the lemon, bacon and Brussels sprouts. I would pair this dish with a Pinot Grigio. The lime and lemon notes of the wine would pair well with the bacon, Parmesan and Brussels sprouts. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com