Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti Recipe
This Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti recipe is a fresh tasting casserole dish. It’s simply Ziti Macaroni with a chicken parmesan sauce, but it comes out delicious with a fresh taste.
12 oz. Penne Ziti
2 small cooked chicken breasts, shredded
25 oz. jar tomato-basil pasta sauce
1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the ziti to al dente.
3. Once cooked, drain and mix in a large bowl with chicken and tomato sauce. Gently toss so the pasta is evenly coated.
4. Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11×7″ or 9×13″ baking dish.
5. Sprinkle evenly with 1-cup of mozzarella, 1/2 of the parmesan and 1/2 of the basil.
6. Layer the remainder of the pasta over the top and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and barely turns golden.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and red pepper flakes.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti recipe is a bit too heavy for a white wine or even a blush. While the dish contains chicken, the tomato sauce gives it the need for a heavier wine- but not too heavy. The chicken and basil give it a light taste, so a Sangiovese is the perfect accompaniment. The Sangiovese has a nice dry cherry flavor which melds well with this meal. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Sangiovese wines-LetsHaveWine.com