Chipotle Chicken Bowl Recipe
Chicken bowls are a healthy option for lunch or dinners. Our Chipotle Chicken Bowl recipe uses grilled chicken which has been marinated combined with healthy ingredients. This is a very easy dinner to put together!
1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, plus 2 tablespoons sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
Cooked Brown Rice
Red cabbage, thinly sliced
1. In a food processor, blend onion, garlic, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, oil, oregano and cumin until smooth.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add chicken to a large freezer bag and cover with marinade.
4. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-hours.
5. Grill chicken over direct medium heat (350-450F) for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
7. Once done allow chicken to rest.
8. Serve chicken over the cooked rice alongside optional toppings.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Beaujolais Nouveau Wine
This Chipotle Chicken Bowl recipe picks up strong flavors from the ancho chili powder, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. With these flavors and the fresh vegetables, I prefer a light red wine. A Beaujolais Nouveau is a young fresh red wine that is meant to be enjoyed young. Since it’s not complex, offers light fruit flavors and is a little dry, which melds well with this dish! Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Beaujolais Nouveau wines-LetsHaveWine.com