Garlic Chicken Adobo Recipe
This Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe is geared towards the Instant Pot. You can easily adlib to create the dish on the stove, using the basic cooking techniques and ingredients. This recipe produces very tender chicken which is sweet, salty and tangy! It’s best served over white rice.
5-6 pieces of chicken (I prefer boneless chicken thighs.)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup white distilled vinegar
5-6 garlic cloves (minced or finely diced)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 bay leaf
2 scallions, sliced thinly (chopped)
1. Season the chicken evenly with salt, pepper and paprika.
2. Turn the Instant Pot on sauté and add oil.
3. Once the oil is hot, add half of the chicken and brown both sides (6-8 minutes.) Remove and set aside, while you brown the remainder of the chicken.
4. Once the chicken is browned, remove all of the chicken.
5. Add the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Whisky ingredients to blend.
6. Once blended, add browned chicken, garlic and onions.
7. Set Instant Pot to Pressure cook and set timer for 9-minutes.
8. Once it is done, quick release the valve until the pressure is fully released.
9. Remove the top, set sauté and let is boil for 15-minutes.
10. Serve over rice and add scallions on top.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe is a very flavorful dish. It does combine salty and sweet, which can be a bit overpowering for most white wines. I would suggest a Chardonnay. I feel that the oak in the wine can offset that sweet zing from the chicken adobo, making it a nice match! Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Chardonnay wines-LetsHaveWine.com