Grilled Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Our Grilled Tandoori Chicken recipe does not use a Tandoor; therefore, anyone can make this recipe! This is a must try recipe, as it’s delicious and flavorful!
3-3.5 pounds of chicken
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1.5 tablespoons of water
1.5 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
1 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1. Take the skin off of the chicken and cut shallow incisions in the chicken pieces at about 1/2″ intervals.
2. In a large Ziploc bag, combine the lemon juice, water, salt and turmeric.
3. Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat. Let the chicken marinate for 5-minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin and cayenne.
5. After the 5-minutes of marinating, add the mixture to the chicken and marinate for 10-minutes.
6. Grill around 400-degrees until the breasts are at 170-degrees and dark meat is 180-degrees.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Typically with chicken you look for a lighter wine. Some people like to pair a spicy dish with a sweeter wine. We feel that a White Zinfandel is the perfect accompaniment to Tandoori Chicken. While the wine does have sweet notes, it is not overly sweet. The cool temperature of the wine, level of sweetness and right amount of acidity is a perfect pair. If you are interested in finding the perfect White Zinfandel, follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite White Zinfandel wines-LetsHaveWine.com