Instant Pot Coke Pulled Pork Recipe
This Instant Pot Coke Pulled Pork recipe produces tender sweet meat which is great for pulled pork sandwiches. The instant pot does all of the work, and you get to take all of the credit!
3 lb. pork shoulder, cut into 4 large chunks
1 can of Coke
2.5 cups BBQ sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Place the cut pork on the trivet inside the Instant Pot.
2. Pour can of Coke over the pork.
3. In a separate bowl combine 2 cups of BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and onion powder; and pour over the pork.
4. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock it and set to pressure cook for 45-minutes.
5. Once done, do a natural release for 10-minutes.
6. After 10-minutes, turn the valve to vent until the float valve drops and then remove the lid.
7. Remove the pork with kitchen tongs and shred in a large bowl.
8. You can transfer some of the cooking liquid to keep it moist as you shred the meat.
9. Stir in 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, and server on hamburger buns!
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Noir Wine
This Instant Pot Coke Pulled Pork recipe produces super tender sweet meat. I would offset some of the sweet with a nice nice light, chilled Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir wines are generally lighter red wines without much oak. I feel that the dark cherry, unoaked flavors of a Pinot Noir would compliment the sweet meat. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Noir wines-LetsHaveWine.com