Pad Krapow Gai Recipe
Our Pad Krapow Gai recipe is simply a Thai basil beef recipe. It is an easy recipe to create and goes great over jasmine rice.
10 cloves garlic, peeled
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons fish sauce
4 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable stock
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1 lime, juiced
4 cups fresh basil leaves
Sweet peppers, sliced
1. In a food processor, pulse the garlic into tiny pieces.
2. Transfer to a small bowl, add red pepper flakes and let it sit for 3-minutes.
3. In a wok, heat oil on high.
4. Add garlic chili mixture and onions, sauté for 1-minutes.
5. Add the beef, black pepper and cook until meat is no longer pink (5-7 minutes.)
6. Add the fish sauce, brown sugar, vegetable stock, soy sauce and lime juice; and cook 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the basil and cook until basil is wilted (1-2 minutes.)
8. Turn off heat, top with sliced sweet peppers; and serve over jasmine rice.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Beaujolais Nouveau Wine
This Pad Krapow Gai Recipe recipe is an easy and quick dish to make with sweet, spicy and fresh flavors from the basil. With this dish, I prefer a light red wine. A Beaujolais Nouveau is a young fresh red wine that is meant to be enjoyed young. Since it’s not complex, offers light fruit flavors and is a little dry, which melds well with this dish! Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Beaujolais Nouveau wines-LetsHaveWine.com