Pan Fried Halloumi Recipe
This Pan Fried Halloumi recipe is an easy recipe for cooking halloumi cheese. Often times people encounter issues with the cheese sticking to the bottom of the pan; but, this recipe will give your halloumi the appropriate color and will keep your frying pan stick free!
1 8-ounce package halloumi cheese
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Ground black pepper
4-5 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1. Drain halloumi and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Cut halloumi into 3/8″ slices.
3. Use cooking spray and preheat a non-stick frying pan over high heat.
4. Brush both sides of the halloumi with olive oil to coat.
5. Sear the cheese in a hot pan for 1-minute; flip and cook the other side 1-2 minutes.
6. Season with pepper, Balsamic and tomatoes.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Pan Fried Halloumi recipe goes great with a chilled French Chardonnay. I prefer the French Chardonnay since they are unoaked and crisp. The minerality of the wine and the flavors of the tomatoes and cheese are the perfect accompaniment! Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Chardonnay wines-LetsHaveWine.com