Roasted Cornish Game Hens Recipe
Our Roasted Cornish Game Hens recipe is an easy recipe that provides big flavor to the game hens. The smoked paprika with the citrus and herbs packs a nice punch of flavor!
4 whole Cornish game hens
4 sprigs rosemary
8 sprigs thyme
2 large onions, quartered
12 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
1 lemons cut in slices
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
4 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. In a small bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 425F.
3. Pat the hens dry with paper towels.
4. Season the inside and outside of the hens with dry rub seasoning.
5. In a roasting pan add the onions and lemons.
6. Layer in the rosemary, thyme and garlic.
7. Place the hens on the ingredients and drizzle them with olive oil.
8. Bake the hens for 50-55 minutes. The hens will be done when the thickest part of the breast registers 165F.
9. Remove the hens and let them rest for 20-minutes.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Roasted Cornish Game Hens recipe is a nice flavorful dish that goes great with a Dry Brut Champagne. The smoke from the paprika and citrus notes, accompany a dry Champagne perfectly. Champagnes have citrus, yellow apple, cream, almond and toast notes. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Champagnes-LetsHaveWine.com