Tequila Lime Shrimp Marinade Recipe
Our Tequila Lime Shrimp recipe is a simple recipe that produces citrusy shrimp. These shrimp are great to serve in tacos or on tostados.
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 red onion, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. shrimp, deveined and peeled
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Add shrimp to a large freezer bag and pour in marinade.
3. Shake to combine and marinate in the refrigerator for 30-minutes.
4. Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade liquid, and drain the rest.
5. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add shrimp, onion, cilantro to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes per side.
6. Add liquid, reduce to low and allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
White Zinfandel pairs well with Mexican food. The strawberry nuances of a White Zinfandel goes great with the fresh flavors of Mexican cooking. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite White Zinfandel wines-LetsHaveWine.com