Chicken Piccata Recipe
This Chicken Piccata recipe is an easy dish that combines the lemon butter sauce with the brininess of the capers. This dish packs a lot of flavor, is topped with parsley and will soon become one of your favorites!
2 skinless/ boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
Fresh ground black pepper
All purpose flour for dredging
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup brined capers
1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess flour.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
4. When butter is melted and sizzling, add two pieces of chicken and cook for 3-minutes per side.
5. Remove and transfer to a plate.
6. Melt another 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in pan.
7. Add last 2 chicken pieces and cook for 3-minutes per side.
8. Remove and transfer to a plate.
9. Deglaze pan by adding lemon juice, chicken stock and capers (making sure to scrape up brown bits for extra flavor.)
10. Once deglazed, add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 5-minutes.
11. Remove chicken to a platter.
12. Add 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and stir well.
13. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Chicken Piccata recipe packs a lot of flavor! With the citrus notes from this Italian chicken dish, a Pinot Grigio is the perfect compliment. A Pinot Grigio is a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com