Cola Glazed Ham Recipe
This Cola Glazed Ham Recipe is a simple recipe that brings big flavor. Everyone likes salty and sweet, and you definitely don’t have to put in a lot of effort making this glaze!
1 cup brown sugar
2 12-oz. cans of Coke (or Pepsi)
1 ham (this recipe is based on an 8 lb. ham)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Line a 9×13 baking dish with aluminum foil.
3. Place brown sugar in a bowl and whisk in enough Coke to form a thick glaze.
4. Place ham in baking dish and pour the glaze over the top of the ham.
5. Add the remainder of the Coke to the baking dish, if you have more than you need don’t use it all.
6. Bake ham for approximately 2-hours (it’s best to follow the instructions on your ham), basting occasionally.
7. When done, transfer ham to a serving try and tent with foil for 30-minutes.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Cola Glazed Ham Recipe is just like every other ham recipe; it goes GREAT with a Rosé. A Rosé is not a super sweet wine despite the perception since it’s pink. The wine is usually semi-sweet which pairs well with the salty and sweet flavors of ham. It has a nice balance and only enhances the wine! Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Rosé wines-LetsHaveWine.com