Ham and Pea Penne Pasta Recipe
This Ham and Pea Penne recipe is an easy recipe that you can make using leftover ham. The ingredients meld well together and produce a flavorful and creamy pasta dish!
1 pound Penne pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 large thinly sliced shallots (approximately 1-cup)
1 cup cubed ham
1 cup froze peas
1 cup half and half
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh grated Parmesan
1. Cook Penne in a large pot of boiling salted water.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add shallots and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until translucent (around 5-minutes).
4. Add ham, peas and half and half.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened (around 5-minutes).
6. Remove from heat and add 1/2 teaspoon pepper and parsley.
7. Drain pasta and add to a large bowl.
8. Toss the cream sauce with penne, top with parmesan and serve.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Ham and Pea Penne recipe is a light and flavorful dish, and a Pinot Grigio is the perfect compliment. A Pinot Grigio is a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com