Grilled Carne Asada Recipe
This grilled Carne Asada recipe will teach you how to cook the perfect steak without having to rely on timers or thermometers. The recipe is more of a grill guide, but we have provided links to our favorite Carne Asada marinades.
Carne Asada Marinades
Spicy Carne Asada Marinade Recipe (Get the recipe here)
1/3-1/2″ thick skirt steak
1. It is best to marinate your skirt steak for 12-24 hours.
2. Let steaks sit at room temperature for 30-minutes before grilling.
3. Heat grill to 450-550 F.
4. Follow the grill guide below for the proper cooking time.
6. Once the steak is off the grill, let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
7. Cut the steak across the grain to ensure tender strips of steak!
Skirt Steak Grill Guide:
Rare- 2-4 minutes (120F)
Medium Rare- 4-6 minutes (130F)
Medium- 6-8 minutes (140F)
Medium Well- 8-10 minutes (150F)
Well Done- 10-12 minutes (155F)
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This grilled Carne Asada goes great with a light Mexican beer, but it also pairs very well with a White Zinfandel. This dish has nice zest and spice levels, which can be cut by the cool refreshing flavors of the White Zinfandel. The strawberry nuances of a White Zinfandel goes great with most Mexican food dishes. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite White Zinfandel wines-LetsHaveWine.com