Spicy Carne Asada Marinade Recipe
Our Spicy Carne Asada Marinade recipe is the perfect marinade for your skirt steak. It has some spice, citrus, fresh vegetables and beer… to keep the meat happy! This recipe produces enough for 1-5 lbs. meat.
3 large navel oranges
1 medium lemon
2 medium limes
2 tablespoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/2 tablespoon oregano
1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 whole dried guajillo peppers
4 cloves garlic cloves
12 oz. light Mexican beer
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
1/2 cup white onion, sliced
2 whole jalapenos, sliced
1. In a small pot, boil the guajillo peppers in water for 5-minutes.
2. Remove the peppers, take off the stem and place them in a blender or food processor alongside 1/2 cup water and the garlic cloves.
3. Blend for 2-minutes, and set aside.
4. In a large bowl juice the orange, lemon and limes.
5. Add the beer.
6. Add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper.
7. Add the guajillo mixture and stir to combine.
8. Add chopped green onion, jalapeno, cilantro and onions; and stir.
9. Place the skirt steak in a large freezer bag and add mixture.
10. Refrigerate at least 12-hours.
Grilled Carne Asada Recipe (Get the recipe here)