Grilled Greek Turkey Burger Recipe
Our grilled Greek Turkey Burger recipe is moist, flavorful and delicious. The burger is dressed with a tomato and feta relish and topped with tzatziki sauce. Opa! This recipe makes 4 turkey burgers.
1 lb. ground turkey
2 large scallions, finely chopped
1 small zucchini, grated
1 large egg white
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tomato, diced
1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
2 full tablespoons crumbled feta
2 teaspoons olive oil
Tzatziki to Serve (Get the recipe here)
1. In a large bowl mix together turkey, scallions, garlic, zucchini, egg white, mint, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
2. Form mixture into four flat patties.
3. For 3/4″ patties, grill over direct medium heat (350-450F) for 12-14 minutes. Temperature should be 165F.
4. Meanwhile in a small bowl toss together tomatoes, onion, 2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
5. Fold in the feta.
6. Serve the turkey burgers on buns, topped with the tomato-feta relish and tzatziki.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Beaujolais Nouveau Wine
This grilled Greek Turkey Burger recipe produces a nice juicy burger. While most people think that poultry should be paired with a white wine, I prefer a chilled light red wine. A Beaujolais Nouveau is a young fresh red wine that is meant to be enjoyed young. Since it’s not complex, offers light fruit flavors and is a little dry, it melds well with this pasta dish! Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Beaujolais Nouveau wines-LetsHaveWine.com