Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs Recipe
This Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs recipe is very flavorful and easy to make. The lamb produces nice rich flavors and the meat goes perfect with Tzatziki sauce.
4 Garlic cloves
1 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus a pinch
1 pound ground lamb
3 tablespoons grated onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Freshly ground black pepper
Tzatziki (Get the recipe here)
1. Smash the garlic cloves, top with a pinch of salt and use a mortar and pestle to form a paste.
2. In a large bowl mix the paste, 1 tablespoon salt, onion, parsley, mint and spices.
3. Knead the mixture until it is well blended.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and roll the lamb into cigar shaped footballs.
5. Mold the rolls onto the skewer, cover and refrigerate for 30-minutes or up to 12-hours.
6. Follow the grill guide below for the proper cooking time.
7. Serve with Pita Bread and Tzatziki.
Lamb Kofta Grill Guide:
Rare- 4-6 minutes (120F)
Medium Rare- 6-8 minutes (130F)
Medium- 8-10 minutes (140F)
Medium Well- 10-12 minutes (150F)
Well Done- 12-14 minutes (155F)
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs recipe tastes great coming off of the grill. The lamb produces rich flavors from the meat and spices, but is toned down with the Tzatziki. I would suggest pairing this flavorful dish with a chilled Rosé. Rosé wines tend to have aromas and flavors of strawberry, honeydew melon and Watermelon. These fruits pair perfectly with these grilled kebabs! Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Rosé wines-LetsHaveWine.com