Honey Jalapeno Chicken Soba Noodles Recipe
Soba noodles are thin Japanese noodles that are made from buckwheat. Our Honey Jalapeno Chicken Soba Noodles recipe, is a fusion recipe that combines soba noodles with chicken that is both spicy and sweet. The best part of this recipe is that it is super easy, since we use the store bought rotisserie chickens!
12 oz. Soba noodles
1 jalapeno, deseeded
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2.5 tablespoons water
2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 rotisserie chicken, sliced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only
2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced
1. Cook the soba noodles according to package directions.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. In a food processor combine the jalapeno, honey, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and blend until smooth.
4. Add the eater and blend until a consistent texture is achieved.
5. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
6. Add the chicken and blended sauce and cook until warm.
7. In a medium bowl, combine noodles, soy, sesame oil, scallions and ginger.
8. Transfer to a large serving bowl and put heated chicken and sauce over noodles.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Honey Jalapeno Chicken Soba Noodles recipe produces a chicken that is both sweet with a hint of sauce. The honey in the dish gives it a nice creaminess. Sauvignon Blancs have a nice minerality and a creamy texture which compliments the dish. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Sauvignon Blanc wines-LetsHaveWine.com