Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Our Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe is a quick and easy recipe to make that delivers big flavors. This dish is delicious and is best served over rice.
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon, thinly sliced, plus juice of 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons dry white wine
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil.
2. Add shrimp, lemon slices, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
3. Season with salt.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally until shrimp is pink and opaque (3-minutes/ side.)
5. Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter, lemon juice and wine.
6. Season with salt and top with parsley.
7. Serve over rice.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe is a nice flavorful light dish that combines the sweetness of the shrimp with citrus and garlic. I would pair this dish with a Pinot Grigio. The lime and lemon notes of the wine would pair well with the buttery sweet shrimp. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com