Mixed Seafood Spaghetti Recipe
This Mixed Seafood Spaghetti recipe is a nice light recipe that uses lemon and Pinot Grigio wine to enhance the flavors. Personally I like to keep seafood dishes light, and this is the perfect pasta!
1 pound spaghetti
1/4 cup olive oil
3 shallots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
1.5 cups Pinot Grigio
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 pounds clams, washed
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups arugula
1/2 lemon, juiced
Shaved parmesan to top (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Add the pasta and cook according to the package (typical cooking time is 8-10 minutes.)
3. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
4. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3-minutes (make sure you don’t brown them.)
5. Add the sundried tomatoes, and cook for 1-minute.
6. Add the wine, lemon juice, shrimp and clams and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for around 7-minutes (the shrimp should be pink and clams opened.)
8. Add the spaghetti to the seafood mixture to combine.
9. Add salt, pepper and arugula.
10. Top with shaved parmesan.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Mixed Seafood Spaghetti recipe is a very light pasta dish. The perfect wine for such a light dish would be a Pinot Grigio. Pinot Grigios tend to have notes of lime, green apple, lemon, white nectarine and tropical fruits compliment this dish. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com