Pan Seared Salmon with Crispy Skin Recipe
This pan seared salmon with crispy skin recipe is more about the technique than the actual ingredients. The technique will produce a restaurant quality crispy skin with a nice moist interior.
2 salmon filets 1″ thick (skin-on and descaled)
Avocado Oil (due to its high smoke point)
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. (3-minutes for gas, 5-minutes for electric stoves.)
2. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, 1-2 tablespoons.
3. Season the skin of the fish generously with salt.
4. Cook for 5-minutes on the skin side.
5. Push down with spatula for the first 1-2 minutes (it will ensure the surface is flat for an extra crisp skin.)
5. Season the top with salt and flip it over for 15-30 seconds.
6. Serve skin side up.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Pan Seared Salmon with Crispy Skin has a little salt, the rich flavors of the salmon and pairs well with a Rosé. The richness of the fish is cut down by the strawberry/ raspberry notes of a Rosé! Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Rosé wines-LetsHaveWine.com