Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops Recipe
This Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops recipe is an easy recipe to make with a few basic ingredients. The scallops are baked perfectly in the oven and this recipe is very versatile, as it can be an appetizer or an entrée.
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
10 Kalamata olives, pitted
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
12 medium sized scallops
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 slices prosciutto
2 cups arugula
1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Add tomatoes, basil, olives and olive oil to a food processer and process until finely chopped.
3. Season both sides of the scallops with salt and pepper.
4. Rub each scallop with the tomato mixture.
5. Fold each piece of prosciutto in half lengthwise, and wrap each scallop in one piece of prosciutto.
6. Place wrapped scallops in a buttered baking dish and bake for 15-minutes.
7. In a medium sized bowl, toss the arugula with balsamic vinegar.
8. Season arugula with salt and pepper.
9. To plate, place arugula on a plate and place scallops on top and top with shaved Parmesan.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This prosciutto wrapped scallops recipe can be a bit salty, which is cut by the peppery arugula and vinegar. With these flavors, you want a nice light wine to cut through the dish and add an element of freshness. The perfect wine with the sundried tomato and prosciutto flavors is a Pinot Grigo. Pinot Grigios tend to have notes of lime, green apple, lemon, white nectarine and tropical fruits compliment this scallops dish. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com