Bacon and Spinach Quiche Recipe
Our Bacon and Spinach Quiche recipe is a delicious recipe that combines bacon, spinach, eggs and Swiss cheese. The combination is delicious, but it does take time to bake. The total cooking time is around 2.5 hours.
9″ frozen pie crust, thawed
3 large eggs
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup whole milk
1.5 teaspoons Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled (around 4-8 slices depending on size of bacon)
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2.5 cups lightly packed baby spinach
1. Take a fork and poke holes in the bottom and sides of the thawed crust.
2. Precook crust according to directions.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 375 F.
4. Whisk eggs until smooth, then whisk in cream, milk, salt and pepper.
5. Stir in half of bacon and cheese.
6. Pour custard mixture into crust, stopping just short of the top; be careful not to overfill.
7. Press spinach into custard, leaving some poking out from top.
8. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and cheese.
9. Bake 10 minutes at 375 F.
10. Lower temperature to 325 F and bake for 55-minutes.
11. Let quiche cool for 1-hour before serving.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This bacon and spinach quiche recipe is a delicious recipe that combines the saltiness of bacon with the egg custard. I would pair this dish with a Pinot Grigio. The dry citrus notes of the wine pair well with this dish. A Pinot Grigio is also a medium to full-bodied wine, with a rather low acidity and fairly neutral aromas. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com