Shrimp and Crab Quiche Recipe
Shrimp and Crab Quiche Recipe is an extremely recipe that produces big flavor. How can you go wrong with shrimp, crab and cheese?
1 9″ pie shell, par-baked and pricked with a fork
1/2 lb. small shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
4 oz. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked of shells
2 oz. shredded cheddar
2 oz. shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoon finely chopped basil
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
1. Heat oven to 325F.
2. Arrange shrimp on the bottom of the crust.
3. Sprinkle the crab on-top of the shrimp.
4. In a large bowl, whisk 1oz. cheddar, 1oz. mozzarella, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 teaspoon Old Bay, eggs, salt and pepper.
5. Pour mixture over the shrimp and crab.
6. Sprinkle the top with 1oz. cheddar, 1oz. mozzarella, remaining basil.
7. Bake for 45-minutes (filling should be set.)
8. Let quiche cool in pan for 15-minutes before serving.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Shrimp and Crab Quiche recipe has nice flavors that aren’t too overpowering. I feel that a Chardonnay is the perfect accompaniment as it has flavors of apple, tropical notes, pineapple and can be medium to full-bodied. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Chardonnay wines-LetsHaveWine.com<