Baked Lemon Chicken Breast Recipe
This Baked Lemon Chicken Breast recipe is an easy recipe to make. It doesn’t require much labor and is a very simple but tasty recipe that gives the chicken a nice tangy zing!
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
9 cloves chopped garlic
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 grated lemons (lemon zest)
1 lemon juiced
1.5 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Warm the olive oil over medium-low heat.
3. Stir in garlic and cook for 1-minutes; make sure it doesn’t burn.
4. Turn off the heat and add wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme and 1 teaspoon salt.
5. Mix well and pour the mixture into 9×12 baking dish.
6. Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place over the sauce.
7. Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil (you can use the excess from the dish, or new oil).
8. Sprinkle chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper.
9. Cut lemon into 8 wedges and place around and between chicken breasts; flesh side up.
10. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
11. If you used skin-on chicken breasts you can brown in the broiler for 2-minutes; or you can skip this step altogether.
12. Cover pan with aluminum foil and let the chicken breasts rest for 10-minutes.
13. Serve with pan juices, garlic and herbs!
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
Pinot Grigio Wine
This Baked Lemon Chicken Breast recipe is a nice, light, fresh recipe that combines wine, garlic lemon and herbs. The citrus and herb flavors from the sauce are well balanced with a Pinot Grigio. Pinot Grigio wines typically have a flavor profile of lime, green apple, lemon, white nectarine and tropical fruits; all of which pair well with this dish. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Pinot Grigio wines-LetsHaveWine.com