Grilled Eggplant with Harissa Vinaigrette Recipe
This Grilled Eggplant with Harissa Vinaigrette recipe is relatively easy to make, but does require about an hour of your time. The eggplant can be served on crackers, warmed pita or crispy bread.
1 large eggplant
1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon harissa
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Set your gas grill to medium-high heat.
2. Grill eggplant for 24 minutes (turning every 6 minutes.)
3. Transfer eggplant to a wire inside a rimmed baking sheet to cool.
4. Once it has slightly cooled, remove the eggplants skin keeping the head intact.
5. Season all sides of eggplant with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
6. Let it sit on the rack for an additional 30-minutes.
7. Whisk oil, lemon juice, harissa, honey and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl to combine.
8. Using a paring knife make several slits down the length of the eggplant on each side.
9. Transfer eggplant to a plate or dish and pour dressing over the top.
19. Top with parsley and serve.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Grilled Eggplant with Harissa Vinaigrette recipe picks up a nice flavor from the grill. The eggplant tastes smoky, and that combined with the sweet and spicy harissa vinaigrette produces wonderful flavor. With such a nice balance of flavors, a Sauvignon Blanc is the perfect accompaniment. Sauvignon blanc wines generally have fruit flavors that can be described as gooseberry, honeydew melon, grapefruit, white peach and passion fruit; and are light in oakiness. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Sauvignon Blanc wines-LetsHaveWine.com