Hatch Chile Hamburger Recipe
This Hatch Chile Hamburger recipe is an easy recipe to create a tasty burger. Hatch Chile hamburgers are popular in New Mexico, so see what all of the rage is about!
1 lb. ground beef
4-5 roasted Hatch Chile peppers, peeled, de-seeded, and sliced Roasted Hatch Chilies (Get the recipe here)
Swiss Cheese slices
Pepperjack cheese slices
Fresh ground black pepper
1. For the burgers, divide the meat into even portions and form into patties.
2. Press your thumb into the bottom of each patty, making a little “dimple”–this will keep your burger nice and flat when it cooks.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. For 3/4″ patties, grill over direct medium heat (350-450F) for 10-12 minutes.
5. During the last few minutes of grilling, add a spoonful of the diced Hatch Chiles on top of the hamburger patty.
6. Place one slice of Swiss and Pepperjack cheese on top of the Hatch Chiles and melt.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Hatch Chile Hamburger recipe goes great with red wine. I personally love Zinfandels when I eat red meat hamburgers. Zinfandels tend to have flavors of blackberry, raspberry, spicy character or even jammy which are a perfect accompaniment to this dish. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Zinfandel wines-LetsHaveWine.com