Lentil and Spinach Soup Recipe
This Lentil and Spinach Soup recipe is a flavorful, thick and hearty soup. This recipe is designed specifically for the Instant Pot.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 medium sized sweet onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 stalk of celery, diced
4 garlic cloves, diced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 cup dry brown lentils, rinsed
4 cups chicken stock or broth
2 cups baby spinach
1. Press sauté button on Instant Pot, and add oil.
2. When hot, add onions, carrots, celery and saute stirring occasionally until tender (about 5-minutes).
3. Add garlic, turmeric, thyme, salt, pepper and cook stirring occasionally for 1-minute.
4. Add lentils and chicken stock, making sure that nothing is burning on the bottom.
5. Seal the lid on the Instant Pot, make sure release valve is closed and pressure cook for 18-minutes.
6. When cooking time is done, let the pot release pressure on it’s own for 10-minutes, then vent.
7. Once the venting is done, open the lid and stir in spinach with any additional salt or pepper.
8. Serve over rice or just as a soup!
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
White Table Wine
The Lentil and Spinach Soup recipe is very flavorful dish, which makes it a bit difficult to really pick the perfect wine for. I feel that being a hot lentil dish, that a good clean white wine would be a nice selection. I feel that the dish will hit each palate in a different way, because the flavors of the Cumin and Turmeric can be a bit overwhelming. I feel that if you were to choose a lighter white wine, with your optimal grapes that it would match the strong flavors of the this lentil and spinach soup recipe. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite White Table wines-LetsHaveWine.com