Country Roasted Chicken Recipe
This Country Roasted Chicken recipe is an oven roasted chicken recipe. It does require a Dutch oven, and around 1.5 hours of your time. The results are a warm kitchen, a juicy chicken and nice recipe for the Fall or Winter months!
1 whole chicken (around 3 lbs.)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 large onion (cut into fourths)
2 celery ribs (cut into 4-inch pieces)
8 flat leaf parsley sprigs
1/4 cup chicken broth
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Sprinkle the chicken cavity with the thyme and 1 teaspoon of salt.
3. Stuff chicken cavity with onion, celery and 4 parsley sprigs.
4. Grease the Dutch oven with olive oil.
5. Cover and bake for 30-minutes.
6. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over chicken.
7. Bake, uncovered for 25-minutes.
8. Increase temperature to 400F and bake for 10-15 minutes. If your chicken is 3.5+ pounds, go with the higher cooking time.
9. Remove Dutch oven and tent loosely with foil for 15-minutes.
10. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and the chopped parsley.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Country Roasted Chicken recipe produces a nice juicy chicken. The flavors are not overpowering and a good white wine would pair perfectly with this recipe. I would choose a light white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc. Sauvignon Blanc wines are not over-oaked and they have a nice crisp element. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Sauvignon Blanc wines-LetsHaveWine.com