Italian Seafood Pasta with Mussels and Calamari Recipe
Italian Seafood Pasta with Mussels and Calamari recipe is actually a relatively easy dish to create! This recipe is not heavily sauced and combines the fresh tastes of seafood with white wine and lemon.
3/4 lb. Calamari
1 lb. Mussels
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1/2 bulb Shallots, diced
1/4 bunch of Parsley, chopped
1/2 lb. Linguine
2 tablespoon. Cooking oil
1.5 teaspoon Anchovy paste
1 tablespoon Capers
1 can of Diced tomatoes, drained of liquid
2 tablespoons of dry White wine (Pinot Grigio or a Sauvignon Blanc)
1. Slice Calamari into rings. (If you have tentacles, that is fine as well.)
2. Cover mussels in cold water and drain. Clean and debeard.
3. Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil and add linguine. Cook until al dente.
4. Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat and add cooking oil.
5. Once oil is heated, add garlic, shallots, anchovy paste and capers, sauté for 2-minutes.
6. Add diced tomatoes and wine, and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Add mussels to pan and cover with lid, and cook for 5-minutes.
8. Remove lid and fold in calamari. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the Calamari is cooked through.
9. Toss with linguine and finish with lemon juice.
10. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
We preface all of our wine pairing suggestions by letting you know that it’s really a matter of personal taste. While we do offer our opinions and why we selected a specific varietal, there is no right or wrong answer when pairing a wine with your dinner.
This Italian Seafood Pasta with Mussels and Calamari recipe is a nice light seafood pasta that contains dry white wine in the meal. A Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc would be an easy choice, but since you are cooking with it, let’s go with the Orvieto. The Orvieto is a dry semi-sweet wine that will pair well with the seafood. Follow the link to our wine review site to find our favorite Oriveto wines-LetsHaveWine.com